"There is no point in worrying yet...what would come..would come."-J.K. Rowling
“A WARRIOR FEEDS HER BODY WELL. SHE TRAINS IT, WORKS ON IT. WHERE SHE LACKS KNOWLEDGE, SHE STUDIES. BUT ABOVE ALL, SHE MUST BELIEVE IN HER STRENGTH OF WILL AND PURPOSE AND HEART AND SOUL.”
—David GemmelTuesday, May 31, 2011
Hello! My name is Laura Pyland, RDH
SRTA scores were posted as of 2:15pm today and I P-A-S-S-E-D!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy to announce I passed the final test to becoming a Registered Dental Hygienist!!
Recap of SRTA Day:
Brooke and I were sharing a patient.We were some of the last girls in our class to find a SRTA patient, and I'm so happy we took our time and chose the patient we did. Our sweet board patient, BP, was just the best patient. Honestly she was the best patient I've had in the 2 years of seeing patients. I will always remember her. She was so reassuring during the whole exam. She was definitely a Polly. It was so comforting to hear all her compliments and reassuring words.
SRTA Schedule Friday May 27, 2011
6:45am Registration and Orientation
8:00am Electronic Testing
LONG BREAK! Heavenly Ham lunch date with Morgan to calm our nerves and flashback to national board lunch day.
12:45pm 45minutes for set up for clinical exam, take patients vitals and administer anesthesia!
90 minute break Examiners check in patients
3:00pm 90 minutes to Detect, Probe, Remove!!!!
5:30pm Clean Up!!
So relieved I don't have to relive that day again! I can't thank God enough for putting me to it, to only take me through it. I have been so blessed to find something I love to do, and to have God get me through it. These have been a few of the best years of my life, but so happy to close the dental hygiene school chapter of my life.
I was up at school gathering the last of my instruments, leaving no more excuses to visit the clinic. Interviews for the class of 2013 were today. Those girls looked so excited and so driven. I pray they don't lose their luster and take it a day at a time and Keep Calm and Just Move On. =)
Morgan and I ran a few errands today to take a break from stalking the SRTA website. We of course had to go back to the school one more time to announce we PASSED! She reminded me we had interviews on the same day in Spring 2009 and were leaving together as BFFs and RDHs on the same day in Spring 2011.
My mom got Brooke, Morgan, and I a good luck hankie since our national board panties were so lucky!!
Sorry not many pics, promise to start taking more!!
-Laura
I am so happy to announce I passed the final test to becoming a Registered Dental Hygienist!!
Recap of SRTA Day:
Brooke and I were sharing a patient.We were some of the last girls in our class to find a SRTA patient, and I'm so happy we took our time and chose the patient we did. Our sweet board patient, BP, was just the best patient. Honestly she was the best patient I've had in the 2 years of seeing patients. I will always remember her. She was so reassuring during the whole exam. She was definitely a Polly. It was so comforting to hear all her compliments and reassuring words.
SRTA Schedule Friday May 27, 2011
6:45am Registration and Orientation
8:00am Electronic Testing
LONG BREAK! Heavenly Ham lunch date with Morgan to calm our nerves and flashback to national board lunch day.
12:45pm 45minutes for set up for clinical exam, take patients vitals and administer anesthesia!
90 minute break Examiners check in patients
3:00pm 90 minutes to Detect, Probe, Remove!!!!
5:30pm Clean Up!!
So relieved I don't have to relive that day again! I can't thank God enough for putting me to it, to only take me through it. I have been so blessed to find something I love to do, and to have God get me through it. These have been a few of the best years of my life, but so happy to close the dental hygiene school chapter of my life.
I was up at school gathering the last of my instruments, leaving no more excuses to visit the clinic. Interviews for the class of 2013 were today. Those girls looked so excited and so driven. I pray they don't lose their luster and take it a day at a time and Keep Calm and Just Move On. =)
Morgan and I ran a few errands today to take a break from stalking the SRTA website. We of course had to go back to the school one more time to announce we PASSED! She reminded me we had interviews on the same day in Spring 2009 and were leaving together as BFFs and RDHs on the same day in Spring 2011.
My mom got Brooke, Morgan, and I a good luck hankie since our national board panties were so lucky!!
Sorry not many pics, promise to start taking more!!
-Laura
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i'm so proud of all of you girls!!! congratulations!! such an exciting time of your life!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Laura! I would drive to Arkansas for you to be my hygientist! I am very proud of you!
ReplyDelete