"There is no point in worrying yet...what would come..would come."-J.K. Rowling


“A WARRIOR FEEDS HER BODY WELL. SHE TRAINS IT, WORKS ON IT. WHERE SHE LACKS KNOWLEDGE, SHE STUDIES. BUT ABOVE ALL, SHE MUST BELIEVE IN HER STRENGTH OF WILL AND PURPOSE AND HEART AND SOUL.”
—David Gemmel







Thursday, June 30, 2011

Design On A Dime

The past two years my life has been too much to do with not enough time. Now that school is out, over, I feel as if I have nothing to do. I've forgotten how to handle R&R time. As I am trying to wait patiently for a job, I am constantly looking for projects to fill my time. Chad found me a whooper of a project: painting his living room. I love being crafty, I thought this would be a breeze. Keep in mind, I've never painted a room before, much less totally by myself, because this is my project, not our project. He won't admit it but I think he was a little nervous when I accepted the challenge and we,  he actually bought paint. He actually said to me, this is gonna look really bad if you never finish it, so if you really want to paint you have to paint the whole thing. His house is not even 1,000 square feet so it can't be that big of a living room...right? Well let me say for 1. I am not a quitter. 2. I don't back down from a challenge. 3. I hate to hear "I told ya so.." I have painted about 10 hours in two days, and not finished. As a new painter I had extremely high expectations, he has wide crown molding and wide base boards so I thought it was be cool if the walls and ceiling were the same color. I really under estimated how hard it is to paint a ceiling, keep in mind I am 5'4. I also forgot to mention I'm painting the crown molding and base boards. Chad hasn't bought that paint yet.

So on to the Before and During pics:
Please note: Idk why but these pics don't show the right paint colors

Before Wall: Please excuse the grandma furniture and hideous curtains, they came with the house.
Did I mention the walls are textured?
  Or that the house came with its own art on the walls?
In Progress.. 

It's Historical Dusted Indigo. As mentioned in the title, Chad bought me the cheapest interior paint at Walmart, $15.00 a gallon. I do love the color though. Chad had the final say, and did I mention he's color blind?


I'm a sucker for products to make your life easier.,but this really works I love it!! It's only $3.00

I hope to have After pictures soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment