"There is no point in worrying yet...what would come..would come."-J.K. Rowling


“A WARRIOR FEEDS HER BODY WELL. SHE TRAINS IT, WORKS ON IT. WHERE SHE LACKS KNOWLEDGE, SHE STUDIES. BUT ABOVE ALL, SHE MUST BELIEVE IN HER STRENGTH OF WILL AND PURPOSE AND HEART AND SOUL.”
—David Gemmel







Saturday, August 28, 2010

What not to do in hygiene school

We had our back to school SADHA party! (Student American Dental Hygiene Association)  We had tons of yummy food, mixed with getting to know all the new juniors and catching up with our class. Spending all this time together, these girls are truely becoming my best friends and I hope we are always this close. Seniors, still so weird to say, went around offering advice of what not to do in hygeine school. These might not be too funny to most, but we all died laughing at all the silly things. I want to remember these moments forever. So ill share a few.

Tasha: Don't bring Ms E her loups with platex gloves on! Can you say infection control!

Jill: Having a class II kiss her on the neck as a thank you for cleaning his teeth!

Billie/Han: Getting pulled over on the way home from clinic and han says I think we should put our hands on the dash.. cop asks if they are in some sort of gang! Yea haven't you heard of the brown scrub gang?

Ashley: Thinking she was in trouble only to find her boyfriend had sent her a barbor shop qurtet for Valentine's Day

Me: On the first test of the year writing the answer S-E-X for a reason body temperature would change..I meant male or female...not the act. And of course the comment that will haunt me til I graduate, referring to cureing the hicups! Put your head between your legs and swallow! I don't know who was more embarrassed me or Dr. B!

Brooke: When disclosing teeth, always make sure suction is on when using the water and suction at the same time, you will drown your patient, and if they can't breath thru their nose they will spit it everywhere ( i was this patient!)

There were so many more, memories like these and reliving them while almost peeing your pants laughing so hard, makes it all worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment